Wednesday, March 9, 2011

sound blog from last week

I met with Mike Krzyzaniak last week who had offered to help me to create the right synthesizer sound in Logic, the program that he works with. He gave me the absolute crash course and I now have a better grasp of how to accomplish communicating in sound what I hear in my head. I can now easily record myself from within the program without hooking up an external instrument or MIDI controller (as opposed to the samples that I was working with specifically in Logic) and have been advised by Mike for the best equalizing controller to mold the sound to my liking. I can transform the EQ in real time or adjust visually. He had a great suggestion--I had planned on having a sound for each character, but his thought was to work themes around the archetypes we are forming. He thinks a change in sound of the same note might be too simplistic and not communicate enough of a difference to delineate a different archetype. I want to get some ideas working and get his opinion. Scott was anxious to get him on the team and I have adopted him as a resource. He is happy to help and extremely knowledgeable.

1 comment:

  1. Thanks Tifany. Getting the play on its feet will provide grounding for approaches and deployment. I think we should look at the possibility of deploying sound through a system linked to the CPU that can be synched w/Unity (depending on quality). We'll discuss at the next meet.

    ReplyDelete