We have discussed a lot of ideas. That's good. We have been able to bring to fruition but a few of these. That is not bad. Our imaginations are held in check by speed at which the producorial vocabulary can move events. Getting the VW moved and now re-cabled has been a process that has taken longer than I would gave liked, but re-call that we discussed the vocabulary of leanness that we would have to adopt to make all of this work w/o friction. Acknowledging that we work in an environment with lean resources we must accept that efficient communication is a resource--perhaps one of the most important resources; more important even than even capital, for w/o efficient communication the dispensing of capital can go seriously awry. We also discussed the issus w/the Kinect. I am working to resolve those.
Tifany, Casey and I will now assume a more aggressive brand of guerilla art; taking the cellar by storm! When no-one's looking of course.
By now I hope the wisdom of Dark Ride as a vehicle is clear (especially from the resource perspective); it's a play with its own imagination we just have to complement it.
We are now concentrating our efforts on these objectives:
Cabling the VW and getting it squared away for us to play with.
Final presentations.
Alright. Comments? Fire away.
Scott, I'd like to show you some videos about a direction I'd like to take the video wall. It's something that has been creeping into my head for awhile now, and I think yours as well. My head goes more and more to nonlinear action for the wall. Something that tells a concurrent story with the events on the stage, but one that doesn't use traditional narrative. It gets a story across that heightens and emphasizes the action on the stage, rather than getting tied up and muddying the events on the stage. It's something that I think I could use Casey's expertise on as well and truly emphasizes the potential of media in live production. I've seen it used before, but we can find ways to make it uniquely our own.
ReplyDeleteMy mind personally works in telling stories in nonlinear and nontraditional fashions. If I use words, it's typically to make fun of language. I think that means I could make something abstract with the media that holds strong significance to the events on stage.
Well communicated Alex. You're getting to a more precise rendering of what we're after here. So, again, it's really about the palette at this point--the Video Wall--the engine for expressing our imagination on the scale we desire and need.
ReplyDeleteI could extend the metaphor but that would be tedious.
Casey and I have inspected the Cellar Theatre's sound and lighting capability, though in a limited capacity as Requiem for a Glory Hole was in production. We were not able to test things out, but we did get the opportunity to get model numbers for the digital lightboard and the sound mixer so that we can research specs for the technology.
ReplyDeleteI have done some research via networking and have gathered great information from people who have worked with the sound equipment as to its capabilities and problems. I look forward to sharing this information in my presentation.
As for the video wall, I think it was a bonding experience for the team. It's a beast, but we did it!